Book & Zine Fair
Carlos Labbe & Monica Ramon Rios, Writers, Directors of Sangria Editora
Stephanie Orentas, Organizer, Collective Member of La Liga Zine
Following the successful reception of last year's La Liga Zine Fest in partnership with New Latin Wave, we are pleased to announce an open call for the second edition. This year, we are putting together a publications fair, working as well with Sangría Editora to showcase Latinx and Latin American creators working in the U.S. Brooklyn Bazaar's classic Banquet Hall will host the fair, making it the point of entry to the New Latin Wave festival 2017. We would love to include as many of you as possible, so please use the following form to apply for a space at the fair. Half tables (48 x 24 inches) will be available and include a bench that seats two.
The open call will accept all kinds of work from any Latinx or Latin American artist and/or publisher working in any part of the US. There are no limits on genre of the work.
- Project Description (maximum 250 words)
- Short Bio maximum 250 words)
- Portrait or logo (jpg format)
- A link to your work on a file sharing website (Dropbox, Wetransfer, etc.)
– Free submission; if selected you will be asked to pay $20 to reserve your spot
– Due to very long tables, each publisher reserves one half (48 x 24 inches)
– 2 badges per publisher; each spot must be staffed from open to close.
Submission period: Now
Selected publishers will be notified on a rolling basis